Appropriate Dance Attire
Our dress code is designed so teachers can see the dancer’s bodylines, including posture, arms, legs and feet. Dancers will get the most out of their classes when the dress code is followed.
- Long hair should be worn up either in a tight ponytail or bun, and secured away from the face
- For the safety of all our dancers, no jewelry should be worn in class
- T-shirts can be worn during hip hop class, but in all other classes, t-shirts can only be worn during warm-ups
- Dancers should always wear a cover-up when going to and from the studio
- No jeans will be allowed in any dance class
Dance attire can be purcased at local dance stores or by visiting our online shop at:
Boys may wear athletic or slim sweat pants with a fitted T-shirt (no oversize baggy T-shirts or sweatshirts).
Solid colored leotard with solid colored tights or leggings. A ballet skirt is option. Hair must be worn in a bun.
Tap, Jazz, Lyrical / Contemporary
Leotard plus one of the following: tights, shorts, leggings, or Capri pants. All pants must be form fitting (not baggy) and should not touch the floor. Fitted dance shirts or tanks are permitted. T-shirts, sweatshirts and sweatpants may be worn for the first 15-20 minutes of class only (during warm-ups). Hair should be worn off the neck and away from the face
Appropriate comfortable clothes (no denim). Sneakers must have white soles, no black soles, and must be worn indoors only.
Twinkle Stars Tutu with pink tights. Ballet and tap shoes are recommended. Uniforms can be purchased by visiting: https://shopnimbly.force.com/crescendodanceacademy
What NOT to Wear to Dance Class:
- Baggy gym shorts
- Pajama pants
- Cargo pants
- Loose fitting T-shirts, tanks, or crop tops
- Anything with inappropriate graphics or wording
- Ballet – Pink split or full-sole ballet shoes
- Tap – Black lace up tap shoes. We recommend Capezio or Bloch
- Jazz – Black slip-on jazz shoes with a split-sole
- Lyrical/Modern – Dance Paws of Footundeezs
- Hip Hop – Indoor Tennis shoes, no shoes with dark colored soles
If there are any questions regarding dress code, please visit the front desk or contact us.